Friday 23 October 2015

Review: The Experimenter Bath Bomb


For my first review, I want to show you what I would call Lush's flagship bath bomb - The Experimenter. It's obvious that Lush is quite proud of their bath bomb, stating that this is "the most thrilling bath number ever staged. It's unbelievable, it's sensational, it's The Experimenter." As it's supposed to give you such an incredible show, I was having quite high expectations. Read below for an extensive review of this bath bomb's appearance, smell and effect in your bath tub.


HOW IT LOOKS.

Containing five different colours and lots of lustre, this bath bomb shaped like a hexagonal prism looks absolutely stunning. I can't imagine anyone overlooking this beauty at a Lush store. However, mine didn't look that pretty anymore because it has been carried in a suitcase for three days and the purple colour smudged the others. Anyways, The Experimenter still looked beautiful! In my opinion, this is one of the prettiest Lush bath bombs ever.



HOW IT SMELLS.

This is a rather strange, remarkable scent. At first, I didn't exactly know what to think about it since it didn't smell like anything I had expected. The main element of the scent is the vetivert oil that makes The Experimenter smells very smoky, woody and almost "dry" - it reminded me of the smell of moss and burnt wood. In order to make the smell sweeter and softer, Lush added vanilla and tonka. The combination of these sweeter notes compliment the smoky vetivert oil really well and create a unique scent I started to like. Still, this is not a smell everybody is going to love - I've read reviews of people finding this smelling too "dry" and "ashy". As the smell is rather strong, make sure you really like it before buying it! Anyways, I enjoyed this unique smell, but there are still smells I prefer.




HOW IT WORKS.

As this is a bath bomb, you obviously just pop it in the bath and enjoy the show. And that's exactly where The Experimenter displays all his beauty. As you can see in the picture below, the second this bath bomb hits the water, blue, pink, purple, yellow, orange and white swirls spread across your water. 



It literally looks like a holi festival in your bathtub - it's incredible! I've never thought a bath bomb could do this.
At this point, you can also smell the scent I've described (or tried to describe) before. I guess the scent was rather strong, but to be honest I don't really remember - I was too amazed by the stunning colours spreading across my bath tub. I love how the colours "explode" in your bath tub and it really looks like a colour bomb.


The Experimenter dissolves pretty slow which I really like because it's kind of disappointing to see a bath bomb dissolving within 15 seconds like Avobath or Fizzbanger (don't get me wrong, I really liked those bath bombs but I was kind of sorry for my money). In contrast to those, you can really enjoy The Experimenter's full beauty as different colour layers display over the time. Writing this review and looking at those pictures actually make me want to have this bath right now!


Anyways, back to the topic. As though the stunning colours haven't been enough, Lush also added lots of lustre to The Experimenter! It made this bath bomb even more special. However, I noticed that quite a lot of people actually dislike using bath bombs that contain glitter. Weird. I can't really understand that because - well, IT'S GLITTER! I guess it annoys people that they have to clean their bath tubs afterwards but since I'm doing this every time I don't really mind. 


I would say the lustre is a really important element as the bath tub turns into a slightly weird grey-green as you can see in the picture. The glitter makes it look rather mystical and interesting while I can imagine this looking pretty weird without it. It would definitely feel kind of "dirty". So you see, glitter makes everything much better and even saved this weird grey-green colour you're left with after the bath bomb dissolved. But let's be honest, mixing together five different colours necessarily leads to a rather dark, unappealing colour -  we should be happy it's not brown. And as I said, the lustre really improves the situation! I really don't think it looks that bad, I even really like the dark green. If you've read other reviews about The Experimenter, you probably noticed people calling this colour "disgusting" and "dirty". I still really liked it! And concerning the stunning pictures this bath bomb gave you before it finally dissolved, The Experimenter is one of the prettiest bath bombs to look at.




OVERALL IMPRESSION.

Although I wouldn't describe this bath bomb as being completely perfect, I'm still rating it 5/5 because the show it gives is so incredibly stunning I would like to give 8 points (or hearts...) Watching the five colours spreading across your bath tub is just so incredible - this outweighs every downside this bath bomb might have concerning the smell and the colour left in the tub.

I would definitely recommend trying this amazing bath bomb if you haven't already. I guess it's perfect for any occasion and going to be loved by many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment