Sunday 25 October 2015

Review: Rose Jam Shower Gel


I don't like anticipating my opinion about a product in the first sentences because I'm afraid of the whole review getting pointless and boring. However, with Rose Jam, I can't help but tell the whole world how incredible this shower gel is. So now you know - I love Rose Jam. It's a wonderful product. If you want to know why, read below!


HOW IT LOOKS.

Okay, the packaging isn't too exciting. Like all shower gels, Rose Jam is packed in one of Lush's pretty bottles. Nothing too special. The content is though - this shower gel has a rather dark red-purple colur. On the pictures, Rose Jam looks slightly more reddish than in reality where you would rather describe it as dark purple with a hint of red. No matter if it's rather red or purple, the colour is really pretty and matches the "rose theme" of this shower gel. Once you get a bit of Rose Jam shower gel out of the bottle, the colour is a sheer red-pink which looks perfect to smear on your body.



HOW IT SMELLS.

Obviously, Rose Jam Shower Gel shares its scent with the famous Rose Jam Bubbleroon, as well as with the Pearl Massage Bar, Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar and my beloved Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. This scent is absolutely stunning. Alongside the Honey I Washed The Kids scent, the Rose Jam scent is my absolutely favourite. And I usually don't even like the smell of roses in cosmetics! But unlike every other rose scent, this smells so natural yet sweet. To me, it smells like tons of rose petals infused with vanilla essence. A scent that is floral and creamy at the same time. I also think there is fruity, lemony element to it that makes this scent even more complex and beautiful. You have to smell it yourself, this is just stunning. I also think that the scent of the shower gel is the best of the Rose Jam range. Although I absolutely adore the other Rose Jam scented products, I think the shower gel smells fresher and more complex than its "family".





HOW IT WORKS.

Rose Jam Shower Gel has the perfect consistency - it's rather thick but still easy to lather up. I try to not use too much because I want my bottle to last as long as possible (as I mentioned in my first post, Lush Germany is very expensive). Fortunately, you don't need that much of the shower gel as it's quite generous. The scent is really strong and lingers on your skin which I really liked. Additionally, this cleans your skin without drying it out like other, mostly drug store shower gels do. That's because Lush added lots of oils into Rose Jam Shower Gel that make your skin really soft. You can really feel how this moisturises your skin. I would even say that you don't necessarily need to apply body lotion or conditioner afterwards unless you have dry skin or it's cold outside (I use King of Skin alongside with it as it's already pretty cold outside and my skin tends to get dry in the colder months). The best thing about this is probably how long the amazing scent lasts on your skin! As I already said, I used King of Skin after this and still smelt the rose vanilla fragrance (by the way, the combination of both products smells divine). It really lingers onto your skin for hours and I could even detect the smell the next day. And it smells soooo good.





OVERALL IMPRESSION. 

This is the best shower gel I've tried so far. Everything about it is simply perfect. The smell is just incredible, I sometimes want to drink it... I can't really imagine anyone disliking this smell (if you do or know anyone who does, tell me - that would be quite shocking though). The only downside of this product is that it isn't available all year around which is so weird! I don't think this is a particular winter or christmas smell. Although it fits really well in the colder months, I can imagine this being perfect in spring and summer as well. So buy the bottles while they're still available and stock up for next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment